1. The best serving trays for parties offer smart features that prevent spills and increase carrying capacity. Two of our best options are party platters with glass cradles and rectangular serving trays with handles (which are also known as butler trays).
2. Crafted from hardwoods such as mahogany and teak, traditional and rustic wooden serving trays are always in the service of style, even when they’re stationary. Wood serving trays from Selamat Designs and Groovystuff make gorgeous decor accents atop ottomans and coffee tables.
3. You know it’s early morning when a plastic bread bag clip seems like a complicated piece of machinery. Bread serving trays are a simple solution for fumbly-fingered toast lovers, as well as decorative dining table centerpieces for grain-healthy meals.
4. Wine presentation may be more formalized and dramatic, but cheese presentation is its own art of display—cheese is painting, wine is theater. Our granite, earthenware, and wooden cheese serving trays offer a beautiful canvas for Camembert and Gruyere.
5. Buying matching small serving trays or large serving trays is great for frequent entertainers, but budget-conscious party planners should consider a three-piece serving tray set. With serving tray sets, the only head count you need for your cocktail party is uno, dos, trays.
6. Standing on the dining table and tempting you with hors d’oeuvres: horrible behavior in a guest, helpful if it’s a serving tray. Tiered serving trays may be stationary, but their elegantly designed two-level holders take the weight off hosts and hostesses.
7. Divided serving trays are versatile accessories that every host, foodie, and hanger outer should have. A divided serving tray features distinct sections or separate bowls and dishes — an ideal setup for chips and dip, finger food, or sauces.
8. You never get a second chance to make a first impression — unless you’re a water ring from the bottom of a drinking glass. Glass serving trays not only make it easy to wipe off these “first impressions,” but their decorative styles also make a grand impression of their own.
9. Shoppers on the lookout for chic designer serving trays will find much to love in metal. Our metal serving tray finishes include aged brass, antiqued gold leaf, distressed metal, and even “reptilian” wrought iron.
10. Christmas comes but once a year. It’s underperforming. Pfaltzgraff’s Winterberry line of holiday serving trays brings decorative cheer day in and day out, with microwave-, oven-, and dishwasher-safe earthenware serving trays featuring charming holiday-themed motifs.